Within a busy manufacturing environment maintenance of a portable flange facing machine can become overlooked. The ideal is for the flange facing machine to be fully serviceable when required. Discovering your machine tools have a fault at the moment you need them causes delays and downtime that are simply unaffordable.
The recommended method to avoid coming across potential delays is to implement a preventative approach to machine tool maintenance. Here are the five tasks you should perform each week to keep your flange facing machine working operating all year round. (Guidance based on the Mirage MM1000i Flange Facing Machine)
- Grease the main hub bearings. Five shots of 00 EP lithium semi fluid grease is the recommended application
- Grease the gearbox. Two shots of 00 EP lithium semi fluid grease is the recommended application
- Grease tool post rack using the 00 EP lithium semi fluid grease
- Lightly oil the slide ways using SAE 10 oil
- Clean and oil the base components using the SAE 10 oil
This image shows the necessary locations to apply grease for the on the MM1000i Flange Facing Machine.