This infographic shows the different types of power plant and the amount of electricity generated by each kind. It also covers the share of renewables, power plant types used around the world and the efficiencies of each method.
Take a look and feel free to download our case study pack
Types of Power Plant
Prefer to view in pdf format? Click here to download the pdf file (642kb)
Key takeaway points
- Coal remains the most common fuel source used for generating electricity.
- in 2014, renewables contributed 23% of the total electricity generated.
- China and the United States are by far the countries who generate the most electricity.
- Hydro and tidal power plants are the most efficient.
- The efficiency of turbines has a huge effect upon overall power plant efficiency.