This infographic is designed to provide an overview of the flange facing process and covers types of flange damage, ASME finishes, gaskets, machine types and specialist applications.
We hope you find this information interesting and also recommend you download our Complete Guide to Managing Flanges using the button directly below or at the bottom of the page. You can also save the infograpic in pdf format.
Prefer to view in pdf format? Click here to download the pdf file (375 kb)
Key takeaway points
- Flange facing is mostly carried out during the pipeline construction stage, but can also take place as part of a maintenance project.
- Damage can be caused to new flanges during the transport and installation stages.
- Machine operators should refer to ASME B16.5 standards for correct surface finishes
- Gasket types should be chosen carefully depending upon to the joint type.
- Flange Facing Machines are available in internally, externally mounted configurations and some with both options.